All people, including seniors, can leave their home to get essential services like food and medical care.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. The Centers for Disease Control advises early information on COVID-19 shows that older adults and those with serious chronic medical conditions, such as Heart Disease, Diabetes and Lung Disease, are at a higher risk of getting very sick from this illness. There many steps you can take to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information on prevention and preparedness please visit:
- Ventura County Early Service Grocery Hours | Español
- VCAAA – Ventura County COVID-19 Information & Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Ready – Department of Homeland Security
- Environmental Protection Agency – COVID-19
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- VCAAA – Information about Senior Centers and Senior Nutrition Program Meal Sites
For specific questions regarding resources for senior concerns, please call the Ventura County Area Agency on Aging at 805-477-7300.
Senior Support Line
Isolated individuals who are feeling lonely can contact the Senior Support Line at (800) 235-9980