THOMAS FIRE INCIDENT INFORMATION
EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTER HOTLINE 805-465-6650
Updated 12/13/2017 – 7:15 PM (Updated lifted evacuations for North Coast)
The Thomas Fire is currently at 238,500 Acres with 30% Containment
A Red Flag Warning will continue until 10:00 AM Friday.
Crews continued to actively engage in suppressing active and small spot fires around the Southeastern portion of the perimeter. Areas currently evacuated are mitigating hazardous conditions. Utility companies continue to assess and mitigate infrastructure that was damaged from the fire so citizens can be safe when returning to these affected areas.
City of Ventura
- North of Foothill Road between Kimball Road on the East and Day Road on the West. These neighborhoods include Clear Point, Skyline, Hidden Valley and Ondulando.
City of Santa Paula
There will be a town hall meeting on Monday, 12/11 at 7:00 PM at the Santa Paula Community Center, 530 West Main Street.
EVACUATIONS LIFTED FOR PORTIONS OF VENTURA, OJAI AND SANTA PAULA AND VICINITIES
- Meiners Oaks from Rice Road east, and all unincorporated areas east of the city limits to Reeves Road.
- Upper Ojai Valley north of SR 150, east of Reeves Road, and west of Osborne Road(Lifted 12/11 at 12:15 PM)
- East of Hwy 33, west of Foothill Road, north of Fairview Drive, south of Sheldon Canyon/Cozy Del Hiking Trailhead (Lifted 12/11 at 12:15 PM)
- SR 33 between Casitas Vista Rd. to Cozy Dell Rd. on the east, Los Padres National Forest on a straight line from Cozy Dell Rd. to the USFS Casitas Station on SR 150 on the north, USFS Casitas Station and the natural west shoreline of Lake Casitas on the west, and Casitas Vista Road from SR 33 and the natural south shoreline of Lake Casitas on the south. (Lifted 12/12 at 12:00 pm)
- Unincorporated areas west of Ventura River, north of SR 150, east of Casitas Ranger Station, south of Los Padres National Forest (Lifted 12/12 at 12:00 pm)
- Los Encinos Road to Burnham Road, South of SR 150, and the Lake Casitas Recreation Area south of SR 150 (Lifted 12/12 at 12:00 pm)
- Casitas Pass Road east to Highway 33, Spring Street to Loma Drive(Includes Rice Rd east to Loma Dr. Baldwin Rd north to Besant Rd) (Lifted 12/12 at 12:00 pm)
The mandatory and voluntary evacuation orders have been lifted for the City of Ventura with the exception of north of Foothill Road from Cobblestone Drive to Kimball Road. The lifted zone north of Foothill Road from Day Road to Victoria Ave is open to residents only.
• The unincorporated area East of Santa Paula Creek, North of HWY 126, West of Hall Rd, North to the Las Padres National Forest
• The unincorporated in the area on SR 150 North of Bridge Road to Thomas Aquinas College
- South of US-101 to the ocean, between the Santa Barbara/Ventura County line and SR-33.
- Highway 33 from West Old Creek Road, south to Park View Drive, including the areas of Casitas Springs and Foster Park.
There will be no escorted visits to the evacuated neighborhoods on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday this week.
City of Ventura
- North of Foothill Road from Cobblestone Drive to Kimball Road
Unincorporated Ventura County Area
- Residents and day visitors of Rose Valley
Ventura County North Coast Area
- Boundary of Lake Casitas to Laguna Ridge Fire Road on the north, south to the 101, east of Ventura County Line, west of Emma Wood State Beach, with the exception of:
-Casitas Springs Community
Unincorporated area of Fillmore
- The area of Hall Road to the west, Sespe Creek to the east, Fillmore City limits to the south, and Los Padres National Forest boundary to the north
- LIFTED 12/12, 12 noon – Casitas Pass Road east to Highway 33, Spring Street to Loma Drive. (Includes Rice Road east to Loma Drive. Baldwin Road north to Besant Road)
Unincorporated area of Fillmore
- Sespe Creek to the west, Burson Ranch to the east, Fillmore City limits to the south, and Los Padres National Forest boundary to the north.
Please call 866-EVRT911 (866-387-8911) for requests for assistance in animal evacuations.
Large animal evacuations at the Ventura County Fairgrounds – 10 W Harbor Blvd, Ventura, CA
City of Ventura
- Ventura County Fairgrounds (Red Cross – Includes an Animal Shelter for all types of animals) – 10 W Harbor Blvd, Ventura, CA
City of Oxnard
- Oxnard College Gymnasium – 4000 S. Rose Ave, Oxnard, CA
- Recreational Center (Includes an Animal Shelter for small animals – preferably in crates) 516 Ocean Road, Santa Barbara, CA
City of Ojai
In partnership with safety and government officials, the Red Cross has transitioned residents of the Nordoff High School shelter in Ojai (1401 Maricopa Hwy, Ojai) to alternative shelters on Saturday, 12/9.
City of Santa Paula
The Red Cross Shelter in Santa Paula has been deactivated. A Community Distribution Center will open at the Santa Paula Community Center Tuesday December 12, 2017 – Saturday December 16, 2017 from 9AM-5PM to serve Santa Paula Residents impacted by the Thomas Fire. The City of Santa Paula has partnered with the Salvation Army to provide food, water & other items to local residents in need of assistance.
- Santa Paula Community Center, 530 W Main St. Santa Paula CA
Evacuees with Access & Functional Needs
Residents with Access and Functional Needs are welcome at all Red Cross Shelters. If you have have an access or functional need, please advise Red Cross staff when you register.
The American Red Cross in the Central California Region is raising money and providing volunteers in support of Thomas Fire relief and recovery efforts in Ventura County, CA. Our local volunteers were immediately on the ground during the night of December 4, 2017, working into the morning to open three shelters for 600 residents. Red Cross shelters provide for the immediate needs of those evacuated, including a safe place to stay, food (meals, snacks), water, showers, health services, emotional support, information, and other support resources for displaced individuals, families, pets, and livestock. Impacted residents in Ventura County are welcome to stop by during the day for support services, even if they choose to spend the night elsewhere.
Distribution and Donation Centers
- 193 Junipero Street in Ventura- Open daily from 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Accepting Donations
- Distributing – N95 masks, clothing, hygiene products, water, some food products.
HARD ROAD CLOSURES
OJAI VALLEY & OJAI CITY & UNINCORPORATED AREAS
- SR 150 (Casitas Pass Road) between Camp Chaffee Road(Ojai) and the 101
- SR 150 at Santa Ana Road to Via Real
SR 33 is again CLOSED from Ojai to Ventucopa. Please still be aware of fire crews working along the highway. SLOW DOWN for them. (12/12 at 12:30 PM)
VENTURA CITY & UNINCORPORATED AREAS
- North of Foothill Road between Harmon Canyon Road and Hall Canyon Road
- North of Poli Street from Hall Canyon Road to Cedar Street
FILLMORE CITY & UNINCORPORATED AREAS
- Old Telegraph Road at C Street
- Old Telegraph at Keith Road
- Sycamore Road at SR 126
- Hall Road at SR 126
SANTA PAULA UNINCORPORATED AREA
- Cummings Road at Foothill Road
- Peck Road at Foothill Road
- Olive Road at Foothill Road
- Toland at SR 126
- Timber Canyon at SR 126
- Briggs at Foothill Road
- Bridge at SR 126
- Telegraph Rd at SR126
DUST MASK DISTRIBUTION
N95 masks are being distributed free of charge to those residents and businesses impacted by the fire.
- Santa Paula Community Center, 530 W Main St
- Santa Paula Fire Department Station 82, 536 W Main St
- Ventura County Fair – Red Cross Shelter, 10 W. Harbor Blvd
- Beth Torah Temple, 7620 Foothill Road
- Barranca Vista Center, 7050 Ralston Street
- Museum of Ventura County, 100 E. Main Street
- Hill Road Library, 1070 S. Hill Road
- Saticoy Library, 1292 Los Angeles Avenue
- Sanjon Yard, 336 Sanjon Road
- City Hall, 501 Poli St. (entrance at back parking lot)
- Academic Family Medicine Center, 3291 Loma Vista Road, Building 340, Suite 201
- West Ventura Medical Clinic, 133 W Santa Clara St
- Ventura County Health Care Agency, 5851 Thille St
- Ventura County Health Care Agency, 2323 Knoll Dr # 414
- Oxnard College Gymnasium – Red Cross Shelter, 4000 S Rose Ave
- North Las Islas Family Medical Group, 2400 S C St
- South Las Islas Family Medical Group, 2400 S C St
- Ventura County Public Health-South, 2500 S C St
- Ventura County Public Health-North, 2240 E Gonzales Rd
- United Farm Workers, 920 South A St
- Nordhoff High School, 1401 Maricopa Hwy
**Look for the Red Cross vehicle**
- Ojai City Hall, 401 South Ventura Street
- Ojai Hospital, 1306 Maricopa Hwy
- Fillmore Fire Department Station 91, 711 Sespe Place
**The use and distribution of n95 respirators is the sole responsibility of the individual and/or business issuing the equipment. Please review the attached guidelines published by the CDC on the proper donning/doffing of this equipment**
Southern California Edison has advised that there will be pockets of power outages in regions affected by the Thomas Fire as they assess damages and complete repairs. A map of current outages can be found here. If you see a downed power line, please call 911. If you have questions regarding your specific service from Southern California Edison, please call 800-611-1911.
SoCalGas reports that the fire has not caused any significant impacts to the system. Customers should report gas leaks by calling 911 or 1-800-427-2200. For updated information, visit socalgas.com
Information on the Restoration of Natural Gas Service
- SoCalGas crews are working with fire officials and have identified neighborhoods where natural gas service can safely be restored.
- SoCalGas will have outreach team members stationed in the impacted neighborhoods to answer customer questions. Additionally, customers can call SoCalGas Customer Service at 1-877-238-0092.
- Once evacuation orders have been lifted and residents are allowed to return to their homes, SoCalGas technicians can begin the process of restarting natural gas service to individual residences. SoCalGas is ready to deploy expanded work crews for extended work shifts to prioritize the completion of this work. SoCalGas expects technicians to begin this work within a day of the evacuation orders being lifted.
For more information from SoCalGas, see their Fire Updates.